Survey of the Torah. Learn Torah from an Authentic Jewish perspective. Lessons learn from the times of Yeshiva learning. Come and learn the Weekly Torah portion. Hebrew and English. At 7pm. Would you join us?
Intensive study of portions of one book of Chumash (Torah), with emphasis on analysis of the literary structure and language of the text. Traditional and modern commentaries are discussed and analyzed in depth. The course seeks both to develop textual skills and to introduce the student to the religious, moral, national and historic themes contained in Chumash (Torah).
- Identify basic divisions of the Bible.
- Explain the difference between versions, translations, and paraphrased editions of the Bible.
- Summarize the chronology of the Bible.
- Create and expand outlines.
- For each book in the Bible state the following:
- To whom the book was written
- When it was written
- Purpose of the book
- Key Verses
- Read entire text.
- Complete all chapter study questions.
- Complete writing assignment.
Do I have to sign-up or register for Torah Class? No! Just get Skype to participate.